Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I am so ready for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we are in the throes of winter in New Hampshire ~ 2 days ago, we had 60 degree temperatures and today it is 28 degrees and snowing.  I have been inundated with seed catalogs and emails taunting me with ads for summer clothing, seeds to plant in my garden & ways to decorate my home for summer.  I start to read them and get lost in the thoughts of green grass, sunflowers blooming and my chickens running around happily looking for worms and bugs.  Then, I look up and see the white stuff falling to the ground, my chickens hiding under the front porch and the wood stove crackling in the kitchen and I am soooooo disappointed that it is January. 
I am a very nervous grandmother who worries about my grandsons being transported to school on a day like this.  The bus drivers are very competent and I know that they are careful but there are so many hills and twists and turns in the roads of this little town that I wonder why school was not cancelled.  The towns around us have all taken other grandparents' worries into consideration ~ doesn't the bus company know how much those boys mean to me?  Okay, I know, I have to calm down and just take each day at a time.  I will breathe a sigh of relief when the day is over and the boys are safely back home.  Until then, I will be the nervous grandma that I am.
I will busy myself with housework and other unimportant things until 3:00 pm when I will feel confident that they are home safe and sound.
Maybe I will bake something special for tomorrow when the boys will be here with me and their grandfather after school.  I will bake some blonde brownies with chocolate chips or some frosted cookies with sprinkles.    
When winter has played itself out and there are no slippery roads, I will be so happy & I will busy myself with my garden and happy chickens under the summer sun ~ my grandsons in tow.  Only 62 days until Spring!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment