Saturday, March 16, 2013

Busy, Busy March

Here we are with March half over and the rest of the month is soooo busy that I can't wait for April (even though that month will, most likely, be as busy).  I helped my mother pack some of her things since she is moving in with my brother's family tomorrow and she has so much "stuff".  I'm sure that, after so many years of marriage, 4 kids, many grandkids and great-grandkids, there is bound to be an endless amount of memorabilia and "stuff".  Much of the boxes & bags will be packed into my brother's garage and, ultimately, a storage shed that will be put up in his yard.
There are several events at my grandsons' school that I will be attending next week along with a doctor's appointment and a meeting to attend with my mother.  My mind is reeling but these all have to be done.  I just keep telling myself that it's only one week and it'll all be over ~ thank goodness!!!!!
I have been busying myself with planting herb seeds and repotting some of my indoor plants, planning out my vegetable garden & trying to figure out what we will need to complete the many projects around here this Spring.  If I don't make lists and plan things out, the "to do" list seems overwhelming.
Our chickens are doing well despite the cold wind & snow squalls that we have been getting off & on this month.  There is some bare ground here so the girls are happy to be taking dirt baths in the dry leaves & searching for bugs that aren't there yet.  We have had several attacks from hawks this winter and we lost 4 hens ~ we are constantly on guard but, if we're not at the front windows facing the coop, we don't hear the hens squawking because they know that a hawk is near.  It is much easier to keep them safe when the windows are open and you can hear them "hawk squawking". 

I bought a pretty African Violet at a department store the other day and I set it in a window so that I can see it often and it will remind me that Spring is near.  In fact, it is only 4 days away ~ that's AWESOME (as my grandsons would say).  Here's hoping that March truly does go out like a lamb.  Happy Spring, everyone!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment