Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving To All.........

Here we are already at the end of November & only a few days from my favorite holiday ~ Thanksgiving.   We had planned to butcher our 4 Bourbon Red turkeys for Thanksgiving & for the freezer, however, we became so attached to them that they have gotten a reprieve from being our holiday centerpiece.  Neither my husband nor I could "do them in" ~ they are big & beautiful & too majestic to eat.  We hope that they will breed in early Spring and that by April we will have little poults that we can sell to other homesteaders.  Of course we will, most likely, keep a few of the little ones.  We plan to renovate our old barn to accommodate a stall for the turkeys ~ right now they are in a coop that is big enough for the four of them but certainly not big enough for any more.  
Our chickens are going through the last stages of molt and, therefore, not producing like they had been.  That and the colder temperatures & shorter days has made for a very small amount of eggs on a weekly basis.  I really need those eggs for baking so "Girls, smarten up!!!!!".
I have quite a bit of my Christmas shopping completed but, with five grandsons, are you ever really done?  I don't think so ~ I could keep buying them trinkets until Christmas morning, I think.  Our boys range in age from 23 months to 18 years so there is a wide range of interests involved.  We have bought stuffed animals for the little guy up to a battery charger/tire inflator contraption for our oldest to keep in his truck.  In between, we have Nerf guns, legos and the dreaded.....clothes.
I am working on crafts for the adult relatives & I hope that I have enough time to get them completed.  I hope to make some scented candles in containers & dress them up with gingham bows & homemade labels, some wooden signs & table runners.  We'll see what time allows.........
Well, I have to get started on my crafts ~ I just got back from doing the last of the Thanksgiving grocery shopping & in a few hours, I will be babysitting for 3 of our grandsons until their Mum gets home from work.  Wishing you & yours a wonderful Thanksgiving Day ~ enjoy the feast and the family.  I know that my turkeys will be happy on that day!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment