Monday, October 22, 2012

When October Goes.............

It's hard to believe that October is almost over ~ the leaves are blowing around the yard in little twisters & sailing across the pond with each gust of wind.  Birds are gathering up for their long flight south & those that stay behind have developed their winter songs.  In less than 2 weeks, Halloween will be upon us and the countdown to Thanksgiving & Christmas begins.  Of course, the excitement of a Presidential election captures our attention for the next 15 days and I am keeping my fingers crossed that a change of leadership takes place on November 6th. 
The woodstove has been active for the last couple of days but we need to order more cordwood before winter sets in for good.  Next year, we will be able to enjoy the wood that my husband cut up in the past summer but, for now, it must set and season.
I need to get some heat lights for our chickens so that they will be cozy & warm when the icy wind blows.  I still have some bulbs to plant which I plan to do tomorrow ~ I have been catching up on indoor duties today and making a few baked goods and a hearty meat loaf for supper.  I would rather be outside but these things need to be done first.  I did go out to gather eggs from the coops & 37 chickens followed me hoping for some bread.  I didn't disappoint them.  Earlier today, I gave the girls a treat of grape nuts cereal ~ they absolutely love that stuff!!!!!  Every time I give them this treat, I think of Euell Gibbons (does anyone remember him back in the 70's)?                         
Well, I think I'll finish my indoor chores & see if I have time before it turns dusky to get some of the bulbs planted.  Have a wonderful week and remember to vote your heart on November 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment