Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Easter.....

Only a few more days until Easter and, finally, the air feels like late
March ~ the air is fresh and the birds are singing a different song than those that they sang all winter.  My lilac bushes and the maple trees around our yard are full of buds that are just waiting for the real warmth of an April day to burst into green leaves.  It rained some last night which helped to melt some more of the snow.  Our yard still has quite a bit of snow in it but the sun has melted a large area for the chickens to forage in ~ Mother Nature helps take care of her own, for sure.  Even the chickens seem happier the last few days ~ they are dust bathing in a hole that they made near the barn and loving it.
I went grocery shopping this morning and picked a few things up for my grandsons for Easter ~ on Saturday, I will get some plants (either tulips, hyacinths or lilies) for my mother and my sister-in-law (who was nice enough to invite my husband and I to Easter dinner).  There will be other family members there, too and, in keeping with family tradition, games of competitive Wii will take place.  Oh my goodness, it looks like we'll all be making fools of ourselves on Easter Sunday.
I made a big batch of corn chowder after grocery shopping and I will deliver most of it to my daughter and her clan later today.  She is not feeling well and she has 3 boys and a husband so I thought I'd give her a little break from cooking supper.  I will bring along some Italian bread so that she can make some garlic bread (which the boys love) to go along with the chowder for supper.  Yummy :)
I'm still planning the veggie garden and I'm hoping to get my seed potatoes within the next few weeks so that I can plant them once the snow is melted.  I have started some rosemary seedlings to plant in a small herb garden near our lilac bush.  I have also taken the bottom of 2 celery bunches and planted them in some pots and they are doing nicely ~ my husband loves celery and he was amazed that you can start growing them from a bunch from the grocery store.
Well, enough for today.....gotta go get ready for my trip to feed my daughter and her family their supper.  Have a wonderful Easter ~ hopefully, this will be the end of the snow and a rebirth of Spring weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment